Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Halloween Start and an UFO


In my Christmas planning panic (an annual event), I managed to skip Halloween and Thanksgiving. So, I started a little Halloween project. From the Cricket Collection, this is Trick-or-Treat. The chart also has three bears dressed up for Halloween. Hopefully, I'll finish this in a week or so.


Then.....since its just about back to school time, I've been organizing and planning and figuring and such. Of course, this includes planning stitching time in between soccer, baseball, PTO and shop time. For the last 9 months (rather embarrassing) I have had a particular goal on my stitching list and have made absolutely no progress on it. Mirabilia's Fairy Idyll has been a UFO for some time now. My goal has been to get to the rabbit. I really love this design, but I've always known that I really don't have anywhere to put it once I finish it. Anyway, my Christmas present to me (rather early I admit) is to spend 12 hours on a weekend in August stitching on Fairy Idyll. I desperately want to get to the rabbit!


My next motivation is Indian Summer Reflections. I really love this design and I love stitching it. So, I've decided that there will be no more stitching on ISR until I have finished stitching the Daniel name tree from M Designs, the golfing chick from Valerie Pfeiffer, Be Thankful from Shepherd's Bush. Then I have to do the ornament finishing for these and a few others.


For shop news, keep an eye out for our Back to School sale. I know that lots of us are awaiting the start of school to keep moving on some projects. The Back to School sale will be at the end of August and beginning of September - so be sure to keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment