Sunday, June 08, 2008

My Grand Plan

So here's my Grand Plan for Summer stitching. I need to get two name trees done for Christmas ornaments. I also want to finish 3 Twinklings WhimZi ornaments to keep on hand for those "surprise" gifts (you know, when you hadn't planned on shopping for a person and they arrive with a gift for you). I also need to do one of the Sweetheart Tree nutcracker ornaments as a Christmas gift (can't say here which one). I have an exchange due at the end of the Summer and I will probably sign up for one other exchange during the summer. I think that's all for obligation stitching. However, I do have a huge amount of obligation knitting.

Then - the items I would like to stitch just because I want to stitch them. First, the new Gilded Dragonfly Scissor Purse from Just Nan. Also, I really like Slicker Parade from Xs and Ohs. And I want to do one of the Mini Mandalas from Chatelaine. At some point, I would really like to try my hand at one of the HAED designs. AND, on top of all of that, an email from Mirabilia this week hinted that the company re-organization may be completed soon so the Mirabilia charts will be available again.

Baseball ends next week so I think I'll start off with stitching the Sweetheart Tree nutcracker. This week I'll get everything kitted up. How do people bring stitching with them when they're out and about? I can bring knitting and I have passed time waiting for practices or appointments knitting, but I don't think I could stitch. First, I'd be worried about getting something on my fabric. Second, how do you keep track of your threads and chart? How many places do you go that you can lay out your chart and pick through your threads to get any stitching done? I'm really curious how people achieve this. I would love to figure this out. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I never go anywhere without my stitching and the thought of being on a train or plain without it would be a nightmare. I take medium sized projects on a stitch count I can see without my magnifier. The threads for the project are in a small box in numerical order and I have some nail clippers (safer to carry than scissors and fit easier into my box. If I am going on a long journey I often cut and split quite a number of threads and then rewind them onto the bobbin which just is easier when you are out and about. In my hubbies car i have a little bag which has two pockets. One holds pieces of aida and lots of fun children type charts, a little pair of scissors and a piece of felt with some 24 needles. The other pocket holds threads (all the ones you get with magazine freebies) any I only have a bit left and I wont be buying more of and those odments we all seem to collect. I just pull out whatever colour I fancy at the time for the piece I am working on and as few of the designs call for more than a needle or two full of any one colour thread its a good way of using up the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete