Monday, March 04, 2013

Fluffy Red Puppy

My Red Puppy from Nora Corbett's Red Ladies Collection is finished.  Well I'm finished stitching anyway.  It still needs to be laced.

It is really cute but that sure is a lot of black Wisper thread and it leaves little black fuzzes everywhere - much like the little black dog would.  The trade off with Wisper thread is that you have to use short lengths to save yourself from dealing with shredded and breaking thread.  But, using really short lengths means that you have to thread the needle more often and threading with Wisper is a bit of a challenge.  I do like the effect it has though.

I stitched it on Platinum Belfast linen rather than the recommended fabric and I plan to mount it in a crimson red frame.  I'll post a full picture once I have it laced.



Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment