Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blank Canvas

Blank canvas! Look at this!

Christmas in My Heart


I've been working on a few of the ornaments from Emie Bishop's Christmas in My Heart. I just finished the buttonhole edge on another ornament and took a new look at the piece. What a great frame. I could fill this with all sorts of different designs. Motifs from countless different samplers would fit beautifully in this little heart. More hardanger fills. Anything.

I think I'll start with borders on more pieces. There are probably tons of possible combinations out there that I never even considered. Once I have a border to work with, I have a smaller canvas to work with. Somehow, that makes it so much easier to use my own creativity to fill the space. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful finishes and what a lovely idea for more. I have one of these hearts and they are so lovely all i need is the time to stitch it.

    ReplyDelete