Sunday, August 19, 2012

Poppies biscornu finished!

I finally finished my Poppies Biscornu.  I rather like the way it came out.  It doesn't have a poppy button in the center yet.  I'll make that the next time I take out the polymer clay.

As I predicted, I didn't love stitching with the DMC metallic.  It wasn't awful but I wouldn't call it fun either.
Poppy Biscornu from Faby Reilly
Poppy Biscornu from Faby Reilly
I still need to massage around the fiberfill to even out the corners a bit.  But, otherwise, it's a finish!

Now - the big dilemma.  Do I really have to wait until next month to start August Peridot Fairy since I designated August as a finish month?  She is absolutely gorgeous and I want to stitch her even more than Dressmaker's Daughter (which has a lot more sparkle).  Of course, I still have to finish lacing my dragonfly and finish the cording for my Boo Club banner - but when it comes to actual stitching...

Here's August Peridot Fairy from Mirabilia Designs if you haven't seen it yet.
August Peridot Fairy from Mirabilia Designs
I hope everyone is enjoying their back-to-school preparations.  
Happy Stitching!

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Wow your poppy biscornu is gorgeous!!!! I always replace DMC metallics with either Kreinik or Rainbow Galleries, can't stand the stuff, its nasty!

    ReplyDelete