Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain - and lots of it!

It is raining.  It has been raining on and off since Sunday.  That isn't so remarkable.  The remarkable part is that it is supposed to keep raining for another 5 days.  And when it rains - it doesn't joke around.  It comes down in buckets.  And it still hasn't warmed up.  I guess it's a good thing that I didn't get the pea seeds into the ground last weekend.  I think they would have rotted.

I have a photo of my son's Brandywine tomato plant.  He wants to document it's life and how much it produces over the course of the summer.  So far so good.  Not a great picture - remember it's raining outside.  But we do what we can.
From Garden
Plants don't smile but this one looks pretty happy - especially compared with some of our indoor seed-starting efforts in past years.

The rain this week is discouraging mostly because we had great plans to be outdoors building raised beds.  At this point the kids are trying to figure out a way to still plant the seedlings this weekend in high hills and then build the walls of the raised beds around them.

On the stitching front, I hope to do some more work on Mirabilia's Fairy Idyll today.  Maybe not on Mr. Rabbit, maybe some more dress sections.  I also need to start Poppy from the Pixie Couture collections for a little girl's birthday coming up.  And - I really want to stitch the fruits from Samsarah designs for myself.  They're really cute.

1 comment:

  1. The weather here has just been the PITS up here, raining since Saturday and supposed to go on for days as well. It is so cool and damp my body thinks is October but the leaves budding on the trees tell me its spring.

    All the more better for stitching I suppose?

    ReplyDelete