Monday, September 10, 2007

Cooling off

Its cool and rainy today. Yesterday was hot and rainy and Saturday was just wave after wave of thunderstorms. The good thing about being cool and rainy is that I can turn on the oven and we can have a more substantial dinner than usual. Some roast beast and potatoes will be a nice change from salads, burgers and sandwiches.

Rainy weather also means that I can get a little more progress done. And, when the little one starts school this week, I get even more done!!!!

I was able to finish my trick or treat band. Now I just need to line the back with my Halloween fabric so no stitches can be snagged by any canes sticking out from the basket, a little velcro on each end to secure the band and it will be done. Next - onto another name tree ornament, some more time on Mirabilia's Fairy Idyll and Giggles in the Snow, and then a big finishing marathon. Here's my Trick or Treat from Cross Eyed Cricket stitched on linen banding:

Each letter is really cute - a tree, a candy apple and caramel apple, a haunted house, Indian corn, a spider, a broom. Really neat!


Just a little shop note - the newest ornaments from The Sweetheart Tree will be up on the site this week. These are for days 5, 6, 7 and 8 from the Twelve Days of Christmas series. Really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment